Are you our new head chef?
Or do you know someone who should be?
We’re seeking a new head chef at Mitchell Harris to head up the kitchen team and keep our bar and event menus continuing to wow Ballarat.
- Attractive Salary + Super
- All about leadership – a chance to make your mark.
About the Job
We require a multi-faceted culinary professional with the ability to deliver exceptional a la carte, event banqueting and grazing options. We have a strong focus on the use of seasonal and local produce.
At Mitchell Harris we love the idea of bar food. Simple, elegant offerings that team up beautifully with the drink options and the atmosphere. Obviously, a strong understanding of wine and food pairings is essential – with a wine list of over 120 options, and we love to have suggestions for matches and pairings.
Reporting to the owner, you will oversee the day to day operations of the venue and have the opportunity to make your mark as a leader in the food industry.
This role requires flexibility across a 7 day operation, leading a large sized brigade to deliver the finest culinary offerings in the region.
You will have a minimum of 4 years previous experience as a Head Chef with proven experience in leadership, menu development abd creation, and strong financial acumen.
You will have a hands on approach and a strong work ethic to ensure success in this role.
The right candidate will have:
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge
- Previous budget, forecasting and COGS, labour experience and be able to work within budgets and targets
- Previous experience with creating, planning and costing of menus
- The ability to mentor and train a large kitchen team
- Current knowledge of FHS procedures and OH&S
- Exceptional health and hygiene standards (Both in kitchen and personally)
- Current Australian recognised commercial cookery qualifications
Only Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered.
Email CV to Alicia at info@mitchellharris or call on 0438 184 118 for more details.